Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mini Marvels






In addition to scrapbooking, paper crafts and making my own books, I also enjoy miniatures. This is the first detailed piece I created, called "Opening Night." It portrays the female lead's dressing room the night the show opens on Broadway. Notice her costumes and accessories throughout the room, and even flowers and a note from a special admirer. I purposely didn't call it something like "Diva's Dressing Room," because I don't think of her as a diva. She's a talented, lovely woman who appreciates her good fortune and theatrical success. Did you notice her many awards in the cabinet? How's that for a back story? lol And being a former newspaper journalist, I couldn't not include newspapers amid the scene. (See the rolled up New York Times in the shopping bag?)

Another collection of mine is snow people of all shapes and sizes. I put these little people into their very own decorated and furnished house :)

I'd love to bring together scrapbooking and miniatures into one creation. I have a couple of ideas so maybe I'll post something eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment